January 4, 2010

Monday Monday.....


6:00 came entirely too early this morning. My fault really, since I have allowed myself to sleep until 11:00a everyday the past week and a half, but man that was so worth it. It was like a weekend in high-school for 10 days straight. Oh it was lovely.....

Today at work was like any other day, the fun part was getting to watch Erin (my co-hort) eat that scrumptious pop-corn our hospital pops all (and i mean ALL) day long. I, on the other hand started eating healthy and getting ready for WW! I was very proud... I didn't cheat! This afternoon i even made it to the gym AND the grocery store.

Along with WW and working out more, I have made it a mission to start cooking healthy meals for myself for dinner and the following day's lunch. Today..... Greek Fusion Turkey Burger courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens! Delicious! I don't have a picture but the recipe is as follows:

Greek Fusion Turkey Burgers

1 lb. ground turkey breast, uncooked
2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/4 cup light tub-style cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon green onion, finely chopped
2 whole wheat pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
1/2 of a medium cucumber, cut into think bite-size strips
8 slices tomato

1. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, 1 teaspoon of the chile peppers, and the oregano. Shape mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Grill on grill. ( i just did it in a skillet since I don't own a grill and it was fine.)

2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon chile pepper, the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion and 1/8 teaspoon salt.

3. Open cut sides of halved pita bread rounds to make pockets. Spread cream cheese mixture into pockets. Add cucumber, grilled patties, and tomato

*Makes 4 servings*

per serving: 272 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 58 mg chol., 473 mg sodium, 22 g carb., 3 g fiber, 33 g pro.

Try it out! Let me know what you think!!!

-Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment