January 18, 2010

Weekend recap & recipe....


So as I mentioned on Friday, I went out with my girls from NYC. It was like we hadn't aged 5 years at all... However, we do not party like we used to! hah! We went to eat Sushi then on to Pete's Piano Bar... oh that place is fun/tacky/perverted/interesting....the list go go on forever.

Interesting story actually.... So there were these Marines there, obviously married, and they were Drrrrunk. One of them kept petting my hair. (yes, like a dog) I am not even sure that he know what he was doing.... Well when we were leaving he leaned over to tell me how much he loved my hair and then.... im not even kidding..... he KISSED my hair! Needless to say we couldn't get out of there fast enough!!

I took the pics that I promised... however, I can not find the cord to connect that camera to my computer. I am sure it is in storage somewhere and just didn't remember to grab it. so... yea.... im sorry about that.

Saturday I then met the girls back in Fort Worth to introduce Jessica to Texas by going to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. She had never seen big cows, or longhorns, or pigs, or rabbits I guess because you would have thought that this was foreign! Hah! We had fun then watched tacky episode of Jersey Shore... tacky tacky.

Ok so enough with the boring update..... I have a new recipe to share!!!!

I always have a problem fitting in a healthy substantial breakfast in the morning because I tend to gravitate to those things I can grab and go... So last night while doing some researching I found a recipe for:

Oven Baked Oatmeal and Apples



  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1 apple, skin on, chopped small
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Pinch of cloves, nutmeg and cardamom
  • 1/2 teaspoon table salt (don't skip the salt!)
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey or agave)
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 2/3 cup apple cider

Preheat oven to 350F. Stir together all ingredients. Divide among four two-cup ramekins. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Serve immediately. Can be made ahead and reheated in the microwave for 1 minute.


Per Serving: 114Cal; 1g Tot Fat; 0g Sat Fat; 1mg Cholesterol; 328mg Sodium; 25g Carb; 2g Fiber; 15g Sugar; 3g Protein; Weight Watchers 2 points



Now I have breakfast in ramekins that I can.... GRAB and GO! Plus I get a serving of fruit before I even hit the door. Score!


Off to the Gym! Have a great Monday night!


-Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment